The Beverly Public Library provides public access to the Internet as part of the Library’s information services. Computer sessions are offered in 15, 30, and 60 minutes increments, depending on the station and there is a time limit of 3 hours per day. The 60-minute stations are for word processing only and have no Internet access. The library also provides wireless Internet access.
By using any Internet computer in the Beverly Public Library, you agree to abide by the rules established in our Internet Use Policy and may lose your Internet privileges if you do not follow these rules.
Black and white printing is available for .15¢ per page. Color printing is available for .75¢ per page.
Downloadable audiobooks are accessible through OverDrive. Some titles are always available, while others can only be checked out to one person at a time. You can listen to these books on your computer or transfer them to an MP3 player. (Most can be played on an iPod, and some can be burned to CD.) For further information please see the OverDrive audiobook help section or contact us.
Our eBook collection includes many popular fiction and non-fiction titles, and can be read on many devices including Kindles, Sony Readers, Nooks, iPads, many smartphones, and more.
OverDrive Library Lending Policies Explains borrowing, renewals, holds, and more.
OverDrive Help OverDrive’s new and improved help page. Includes links to the Device Resource Center, Software, how-to videos, and more.
OverDrive Help Links provided by NOBLE. This is a great list of shortcuts to the My Help feature for various devices.
Permission to use the meeting rooms at the Beverly Public Library will be granted to groups fulfilling the requirements listed in the meeting rooms policies and procedures. Permission to use the rooms will be denied to any group or individual for any meeting whose purpose is illegal or potentially hazardous; whose conduct would interfere with the proper functioning of the library; or whose satisfactory adult sponsorship is not provided. Meeting rooms are not available for meetings for which the underlying purpose is to further a commercial interest.
To request a room, please call 978-921-6062 for the Main Library, 978-921-6066 for the Farms Branch, or fill out our online request form.
Both The Beverly Public Library and the Farms Branch provide free and/or reduced rate passes to several Boston and North Shore museums thanks to the generosity of the Friends of the Library. The library and community cooperate to make the museum pass program work. Very occasionally, a problem arises in the administration of the program. The Beverly Public Library is unable to compensate patrons for any inconvenience or expense resulting from problems such as scheduling conflicts, the late return of passes, or changes in museum hours and information. The library advises patrons to verify museum hours before making plans, and asks patrons to notify the library of any changes.
Making an Online Reservation
Search for availability by museum (includes links to museum web sites)
Search for availability by date
Search for museums by location (not all museums are currently posted on the map)
View/cancel your reservations
Please note: Museum passes must be picked up at the library. Your printed reservation confirmation is not valid for museum admission. Make sure to note whether your pass will be available at the main library or the Farms branch.
- You must be at least 16 and have a library card to be able to reserve a pass.
- If you owe $30.00 or more, you will not be able to reserve a pass.
- You can reserve 8 passes per month, but will be restricted to 2 passes during school vacation periods.
- If you do not cancel or pick up reserved passes, you will be blocked from reserving until 60 days have passed.
- Passes can be reserved 90 days in advance and we suggest that you reserve a pass one month in advance.
Picking Up a Pass
Passes may be available for pickup prior to the day of use. Please see “Pass Details” which is found under the question mark symbol you will see when registering for a pass.
Returning a Pass
Because passes may have been reserved for several days in succession, it is important that they be returned promptly. Unless a pass is a coupon (disposable), it is due back by on the same day. The charge for overdue passes is a $5.00 per day.
The Main Library has two study rooms on the second floor.
- There is a limit of one person (aged 18 or older) per room.
- Rooms cannot be reserved ahead of time.
- No food is allowed in the rooms.
- Rooms left unoccupied for more than 30 minutes may be considered available. Any items left in a study room will be brought to the Lost & Found Area at the Main Circulation Desk.
- Wireless internet service is available at the Beverly Public Library. Patrons with wireless-enabled devices can connect to the internet for as long as they like, without waiting for a free PC. To use this service, patrons need their own wireless device. The library does not loan wireless hardware.
- There are no usernames or passwords required to connect to our wireless.
- Patrons who use the library’s wireless network must abide by the Library’s Acceptable Use Policy as well as all rules in the Internet Use Policy that do not pertain to time limits.
- Patrons are responsible for knowing how to configure their own wireless devices. Library staff cannot help configure your device, nor can the library be held responsible for any changes you make to your device.
- To print from your laptop click here.