Visit Statewide Electronic Resources, a one-stop page for Gale, Britannica and ProQuest.
- Academic Search Elite
Offers full text for more than 2,000 journals and covers virtually every area of academic study.
- American Ancestors – AVAILABLE ONLY AT THE MAIN LIBRARY
Conduct genealogical research, take online seminars, and search their online library catalog of books, 19th century newspapers, periodicals, microform materials, and manuscripts.
- American Periodicals Series Online – AVAILABLE FOR BEVERLY RESIDENTS ONLY
Digitized images of the pages of American magazines and journals published from colonial days to the dawn of the 20th century. Titles include Benjamin Franklin’s General Magazine, Vanity Fair, and McClure’s. A part of Proquest Periodicals Online.
- Ancestry Library Edition – AVAILABLE ONLY AT THE LIBRARY
This collection has coverage of the U.S. and the U.K., including census, vital, church, court, and immigration records, as well as record collections from Canada and other areas.
Provides access to beginning to advanced lessons for instruments, voice and physical art.
- Beverly Municipal Documents
Full text of the City Council meetings and other departments and committees. Choose the Board of Selectmen for records from 1865 to 1893.
- Boston Globe (1872-1981) – AVAILABLE FOR BEVERLY RESIDENTS ONLY
Articles from the Boston Daily Globe via Proquest Historical Newspapers.
- Boston Globe (1980-current)
Articles from the Boston Daily Globe via Proquest.
- Business Source Premier
Full text coverage in all disciplines of business, including marketing, management, MIS, POM, accounting, finance and economics.
- Chilton Library – AVAILABLE FOR BEVERLY RESIDENTS ONLY
Repair, maintenance, and specification tables provide critical data on thousands of domestic and imported models of cars and light trucks from 1940 onward. Your library card number is your password.
Access to EBSCOhost databases. A great starting place for a research project
- EBSCOhost eBook & Audiobook Collections – AVAILABLE FOR BEVERLY RESIDENTS ONLY
Includes award-winning authors for adults, teens, and children.
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Public Library Edition
ERIC, the Educational Resource Information Center, contains more than 1,243,000 records and links to more than 224,000 full-text documents.
- Funk & Wagnalls New World Encyclopedia – AVAILABLE FOR BEVERLY RESIDENTS ONLY
- All Gale databases
Access to Gale databases. A great starting place for a research project.
A collection of scholarly and general interest titles, as well as government documents and reports, that draw on the connection between the environment and disciplines such as agriculture, education, law, health and technology.
- Health Source – Consumer Edition
Information on many health topics including the medical sciences, food sciences and nutrition, childcare, sports medicine and general health.
- Health Source – Nursing/Academic Edition
Provides nearly 550 scholarly full text journals focusing on many medical disciplines and features the Lexi-PAL Drug Guide, which covers 1,300 generic drug patient education sheets with more than 4,700 brand names.
- HeritageQuest Online – AVAILABLE FOR BEVERLY RESIDENTS ONLY
Searchable images of U.S. federal census records with the digitized version of the popular UMI® Genealogy & Local History collection and other valuable content. This online database is an essential collection of unique material for both genealogical hobbyists and professionals.
- History Reference Center – AVAILABLE FOR BEVERLY RESIDENTS ONLY
Offers full text from reference books, encyclopedias, nonfiction books, and leading history periodicals, more than 61,100 historical documents, biographies of historical figures, historical photos, maps and video.
Designed especially for youth in grades K-5, this database makes it easy for students to search by keyword or by topic to find the most useful search results. Results can be easily sorted by source type – -magazines, reference books, photos, flags, etc.
- LearningExpress Library | Library card not required, but you must register as a user to access full content.
Interactive test preparation tool for many entrance exams, including the GRE, SAT, LSAT, and more. Includes practice questions, study modules, and other helpful features to improve your skills.
- Library, Information Science & Technology Abstracts (LISTA)
Subject coverage includes librarianship, classification, cataloging, bibliometrics, online information retrieval, information management and more. Coverage in the database extends back as far as the mid-1960s.
- Literary Reference Center
Offers full text of plot summaries, literary criticism, author biographies, book reviews, and interviews as well as poems, short stories, and novels.
- Mango Languages – AVAILABLE FOR BEVERLY RESIDENTS ONLY
Interactive database that helps you learn languages including Spanish, French, Japanese, Brazilian Portuguese, German, Mandarin Chinese, Greek, Italian, Russian and more. Spanish speakers and others can learn English as well. Create your own account to track your progress.
- MasterFILE Premier – AVAILABLE FOR BEVERLY RESIDENTS ONLY
Designed specifically for public libraries, this multidisciplinary database provides full text for nearly 1,750 general reference publications with full text information dating as far back as 1975.
Authoritative medical information on medicine, nursing, dentistry, veterinary medicine, the health care system, pre-clinical sciences, and much more, created by the National Library of Medicine.
- Middle Search Plus
Full text for more than 140 popular, middle school magazines. Also contains biographies, historical essays, primary source documents, and an image collection of photos, maps and flags.
- Morningstar Investment Research Center – AVAILABLE FOR BEVERLY RESIDENTS ONLY Please note: The library’s subscription allows for one user at a time
Provides information on 14,500 U.S. and foreign companies, and provides data on 24,500 funds, stocks and ETFs. Offers portfolio tools, videos, articles, stock screeners, and customizable charts.
Features over 8 billion primary historical records from the United States, Europe, and other regions, with coverage starting from the 16th century.
- Newspaper Source – AVAILABLE FOR BEVERLY RESIDENTS ONLY
Cover-to-cover full text for 35 national & international newspapers. The database also contains selective full text for 375 regional (U.S.) newspapers. In addition, full text television & radio news transcripts are also provided.
- New York Times (1851-1980) – Free archive search and previews by the New York Times.
- New York Times (1980-present)
Search the full text of The New York Times.
- Niche Academy
Provides video tutorials on how to access many of our digital offerings, including but not limited to tutorials on Zinio, OverDrive and Reference USA.
- 19th Century Masterfile – AVAILABLE FOR BEVERLY RESIDENTS ONLY
An excellent resource for doing research in journals published in the 19th and early 20th century. It includes the following indexes: Poole’s Index to Periodical Literature 1802-1906, Index to Legal Periodical Literature (Jones and Chipman) 1786-1922, Catalogue of Scientific Papers, the Religion Index 1890-1899x and more.
- NoveList Plus Must be a NOBLE member to use outside of the library.
Find recommendations of both fiction and nonfiction. Search for books by genre, series, author, titles, award winners, and read-alikes.
- NoveList Plus K-8 Must be a NOBLE member to use outside of the library.
Specifically for young readers. Helps kids find both fiction and nonfiction books that are just right for their reading level and interests.
- Price It! Antiques and Collectibles – AVAILABLE FOR BEVERLY RESIDENTS ONLY
Contains more than 60 million images, 127 searchable categories and helps in identification, research and pricing for collectors, dealers, appraisers and anyone in between. Your library card number is your password.
- Primary Search – AVAILABLE FOR BEVERLY RESIDENTS ONLY
The full text for more than 70 popular, magazines for elementary school research.
- Professional Development Collection for Educators – AVAILABLE FOR BEVERLY RESIDENTS ONLY
Designed for professional educators, this database provides a highly specialized collection of nearly education journals, including peer-reviewed titles.
- Reference USA – AVAILABLE FOR BEVERLY RESIDENTS ONLY
The Business database contains detailed information on more than 12 million U.S. businesses and 1 million Canadian businesses. The Residential database contains address, phone number, and U.S. Census information for 120 million U.S. households.
- Regional Business News – AVAILABLE FOR BEVERLY RESIDENTS ONLY
Comprehensive full text coverage for regional business publications.
- Salem History – AVAILABLE ONLY AT THE LIBRARY
Includes access to The Thirties in America, The Sixties in America, and Great Events from History: The Renaissance & Early Modern Era
- Searchasaurus – AVAILABLE FOR BEVERLY RESIDENTS ONLY
Contains full text for more than 60 popular, elementary school magazines.
- Teacher Reference Center
This database provides coverage on key education topics such as Assessment, Continuing Education, Current Pedagogical Research, Curriculum Development, Instructional Media, Language Arts, Literacy Standards, Science & Mathematics, and more for K-12 Teachers & Librarians.
- Universal Class – AVAILABLE FOR BEVERLY RESIDENTS ONLY
Enjoy 24/7 access to a wide range of classes on everything from computer training to pet care – and everything in between. Many courses offer continuing education credit. Or, just discover something fun, from Reiki to music to painting and more.